Hola peoples, we are looking to cast a female character actor with excellent comedic skills and the ability to sing in my play Dirty Words. Whoever we cast should also have an additional special skill or talent. Think dancing, acrobatics, juggling etc. No ping pong balls please. The original performance, as portrayed by Alicia McCormick, included a burlesque number so that’s something to think about though we can write around it. We are not looking for an actor to replace Alicia or to duplicate her performance but someone who can bring their own unique talent to this show.
For those of you who don’t know: Dirty Words is a sketch-comedy show born in the fast and loose crucible that is Alexander Upstairs’ own monthly experimental platform, Play Things. Immediately it became a cult sensation. Filthy, explicit and incredibly funny… Dirty Words pulls back the covers on erotica, chat sex, dirty talk and naughty sexy grammar.
So what are we looking for in a performer? Female over 22, race immaterial, at ease with dirty material and great comedy skills, able to do many different characters / vocal qualities / performance energies.
- REHEARSAL PERIOD: September 2014 | PRODUCTION PERIOD: 6-18 October 2014 at Kalk Bay Theatre
- Please forward your headshot and brief CV to email@example.com
- We would like to see everyone but space and time is limited therefore performers who are currently still studying will not be considered.
- We will contact you to schedule an audition.
- Auditions will be held during the day on Saturday 9 August at Alexander Upstairs Theatre.
- Remuneration: details provided with confirmed audition
- WHAT TO SUBMIT: CV and headshot to firstname.lastname@example.org
- WHAT TO PREPARE: